Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

Mystery Ticket Jackpot

When Mark and I attended the Vikings game a few weeks ago we gathered 40 Mystery Tickets for Nickolodeon Universe during half time.  It was quite the feat to get that many, but I knew it would be fun to do over Christmas break.  We did go on the 26th.  First we went to Underwater World.  It's being renovated and was a bust.  Then we headed over to the rides.  This is where the fun began.

We left for the mall after nap.  Since it was the day following Christmas they were totally exhausted and each took four hours naps.  It was so fun to go and do something that late in the evening!



Everybody is checking to see if Christian is really smiling. 


See the little dude in the back?  After this picture he said, "Lady, wait! I don't think I was smiling!"
This cracked me up.  Who asks strangers to retake pictures because they - in the background - aren't smiling.
I checked it and let him know he's smiling nicely - actually better than the other boy in the photo :D

It looks like he's trying to imitate the horse - right?



Each Mystery Ticket was worth 6 points.  That gets both kids and required chaperones on a ride.
20 minutes before we intended on leaving we hit a 100 point ticket.  The catch is you must use it the same day.  We only used 12 of the 100.
It was such a fun night.  The whole family road the Log Chute.  Which now Christian's favorite ride.
Everyone slept in in the morning.  It was great fun!

We went back last night to use the other half of our tickets.
First we went to Build a Bear and then had dinner at Kokomo.
The kids couldn't wait to get down to the rides.
Our first ticket was 6 points.
The second ticket was a 100 pointer!!
We went from ride to ride having a blast! 
It's not busy at on Sunday evenings.
Christian wanted to go on the swings.  I took the 100 pt ticket and sent Mark & Victoria with another one so she wouldn't have to wait - again.  Turns out Little Man isn't quite 39 inches and ultimately couldn't go on.
We stood there patiently waiting for them to return.  They had my purse which contained my phone.  We waited so long I was scoping out strangers figuring out who would let me use their phone to call him and ask where in the world are they??  Finally I see them bolting toward us (with my white faux fur purse on his arm:).  They were so happy and excited. 

It turns out Victoria's ticket was THE JACKPOT!!!!  She won an annual pass of all the rides she can ride for free!  She received a little card that had her name and picture.  We just show that and she gets an all day pass wrapped around her little wrist.

How cool is that?!  I see a lot of MOA in our future.  It's the perfect way to end a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment