Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Monday of Spring Break

Monday of Many Birthdays

On Monday morning we headed out to Hammond, Wisconsin to celebrate Jack & Shauna's birthdays.
Since they were unable to make it to Christian's birthday party, we also celebrated his birthday.


We enjoyed a lunch of pb&j and chicken nuggets.

The girls are adorable together.
Victoria wanted to make her laugh the whole time.

Maya apparently didn't want to get her little fingers dirty.

I've known Shauna for a long time now. We taught together nearly ten years ago. We got engaged and married within months of each other.  I'll never forget the day she told me she was pregnant with Jack.  I was going to tell her I was pregnant with Victoria that day.  She told me first and she was soooo excited I didn't want to take away from her so I took her to get a pedicure and waited a couple weeks until we hung out again.  (It was in the summer.)  What an amazing experience it was to go through our first pregnancies together.  Daily sharing our worries, ultrasound pictures (we actually went to an ultrasound TOGETHER!) first kicks and finally birth stories.
She is one of my closest friends in my life.  Having shared such an emotional and momumetal time in our lives I think we'll always have a bond.  Now, we talk husbands, marriages, kitchen tables with leaves,  preschoolers,  eating issues (the kids' not ours), potty training, etc.  There's never a lull in our conversations.  However, we don't get to converse nearly as much as we'd like too.


Jack loved this Thomas game we gave him.  Christian also loved it.  He saw it sitting on the counter waiting to be wrapped and kept saying he wanted to play it.  Luckily, Jack was all for us opening it and playing it.

The boys with all their Thomas birthday gear.   

I don't remember what Christian and Maya were looking at out the window. But I do remember running for my camera because they were so cute right there.

It was the perfect way to kick off the official start to spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment