Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Week of Change

This week is my least favorite week of the entire year.  Yep, I'd take a whole week of conferences over this week.  I really really dislike.  Everyday I come home feeling like a total failure.  Teaching is so difficult in Sept.  So so difficult.  It's not even really teaching.  It's behavioral management.  Uh, it sucks.

Then Mark's birthday is the 11th and if I didn't plan something to take place in August he gets screwed - for the most part.  We also have a slew of personal engagements.

The whole back - to - work thing always makes me sick to my stomach with guilt.  It's hard to leave the kids and begin the 'rat race' (I ran into a teacher friend at Sam's after school and she said "Welcome to my rat race!")  for the next 9 months.  Trying to keep healthy food on the table, house somewhat clean/picked up, kids happy and played with and made to feel special, getting exercise in (which I didn't do last night until 10pm), keeping the kids happy and played with, lessons planned and daily behavioral managements planned, etc.

But THIS week puts a whole new twist on Back to School Week.

Tomorrow VICTORIA STARTS KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!

Tomorrow CHRISTIAN STARTS PRESCHOOL!!!!!!

I will be there to takes pictures as they each get on their buses. 

I will race the bus back to school to be there when Victoria comes in for the first time as a real kindergartener. 

I am so excited for this new chapter in our lives. 

I am looking forward to hearing Christian's own stories that Victoria can't interrupt and finish for him.  I am looking forward to seeing and hearing how he's thriving in school.

I am looking forward to Victoria learning new things and being able to peek in on her (whenever I feel like hehe).  After prayers tonight she asked if she could add a wish to it.  She wished to have a happy day in kindergarten.  I asked if 'it would be ok for me to stop into your kindergarten room tomorrow.'  She followed it up with, "I'm not in charge there, you'll have to ask Ms. Beck."  Oh Ms. Beck, you're in for it;-)

Daddy took Victoria to her two hour orientation today and it was simply adorable.  The principal offered to have my class covered for me but since it's day 2 in my crazy class and I thought Daddy deserved this special day I just popped in for a couple minutes to snap a few pics. 

Victoria couldn't have been any happier and Daddy wanted to know, "So what do we have to do to have her advanced to 1st grade?"  Seriously, that's a quote. 

This year is going to be the year of change and I'm going to love every minute. . .

If we can just make through September.

Stay tuned for pictures soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment