Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Day in a Box

About four times, ever, our daycare mom has texted me.  Today was one of those days.  She said Christian was having fun playing in a box.  Funny, but odd.

1. Why was he in a box?
And
2. Why did she have time to text me?

Turns out most kids at daycare are sick and didn't show.  It was just her and Christian until noon and then his buddy E showed up and she took them to the pet store and bought a frog for their fish tank.  (Fabulous fabulous fabulous daycare mom!)

Cutest story ever.

That's why she had time and why he had time to explore...a...box.

I worked physical labor for nearly six hours yesterday (long story) and was beat last night.  When the child awoke at 4:55am this morning, I tried all my tricks to get him back to bed/sleep and finally gave in at 5:40 that I was up for the day.  I was dragging.

Turns out so was he.

Not shocking that from 4:15-5:30pm he cried uncontrollably and nonstop.

Ooooh, it was bliss.  Most of the time I continued my duties and ignored him when singing, dancing, rocking, feeding, cuddling didn't work.  I was in the laundry room and he was lying on the floor screaming his leg was broken.  No response from me.   His finger was stuck - apparently the one he was holding in the air.  No response.  He couldn't see.  His eyes were closed.  No response.

Then I saw a box!!!

"Hey buddy, want to play in this box?!"  I tossed it over to him.  Silence.

He grabbed the box and ran upstairs.  I swear I said out loud, "Thank God!"  Five seconds later the box came shooting down the stairs WITH HIM IN IT!

His body fell out at the bottom of the stairs.  At least then he had something to cry about!

This kid walked to the top of the stairs, got in a box, and slid down.  REALLY?!  That's my life people, it really is!

After his favorite Breakfast for Dinner in his jammies, he went right to sleep.

Unfortunately, he's been coughing constantly, up once already and crying he hurts all over.

I'd like to put this sickness in a box and seal it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment