Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Car Accident in the Morning

This morning sure sucked.  At 7:50am I was in a car accident with my two kids in the backseat.  Everything I/we do to keep our kids safe and then I rear end someone in the morning.  Now that a couple hours have passed and many phone calls have been made I can see how lucky I am that my kids are happily playing at daycare.  I'm sure this story will surpass the Flower Girl pics Victoria brought to preschool today.  It could be so much worse.  The kids are fine.  I was able to drive the vehicle home.  And we have a $500 deductible.  I wasn't sure if it was $1000 or $500 so that was a pleasant surprise, all things considered. 

It's amazing that we all said good-bye and gave kisses to Mark and less than 10 minutes later were in an accident.  Thank goodness he was able to come and pick up the kids and take them to daycare.  Victoria didn't like that I had to talk to a police officer.  As I was carrying her to Mark's truck she said, "Whoa, mom.  Your car is really messed up."  I just whispered, "Yes, I know honey, but you're not." 

It was very scary and very yucky that that would happed with my kids in the car.  Thank God they were buckled in well.

No comments:

Post a Comment