Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Favorite Part

My favorite part of the day is after dinner is cleaned up.  After baths are taken.  After toys are (mostly) picked up.  After teeth are brushed.  When we're all cuddled in bed reading.  Tonight it was Llama Llama Misses Mama and a non fiction (by request) selection about eruptions of volcanoes. 

To talk.  To cuddle.  To hug and smile.  I love that time of day.  Then we rock.  I rock each kid in their own room.  The other one waits for me, usually with daddy, until it's his or her turn.  Every night I'm reminded of how their bodies have grown since the first few months of rocking those same bodies in the same rocking chairs.  How their minds have grown to ask questions and request particular songs.

That very small part of my day is my favorite part of my day.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment