Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

My Little Mystery Reader


There she is:
 My Little Mystery Reader.


**Special thank you to Grandma Jeanne for picking her up and dropping her off!!**

One of the fun parts of February in second grade is every day you hope someone who loves you will come in to be a Mystery Reader.  My lucky day was last Friday.  Victoria chose the exact same book as last year.  This way she can push the buttons and not have the pressure to actually read anything. 
 Don't worry, I didn't make her show off ;)
We read the story together, she passed out a treat and had snack break with the kids.  It always warms my heart to see which kids will cling to her and want to protect her.  One of my very active little friends took her under his wing and actually helped her win a game of What's Gnu.  We walked my class to gym.  They're doing a bowling unit.  The gym teacher offered to have her join them.  As I was declining, Victoria ran right over and sat with all 22 of them.  I had to pull her out and she was a little disappointed. 
I promised a bowling trip soon. 

Now, that we know she'll be attending my school next year I wanted her to take a look at the kindergarten room while they were in action.  We walked in and I winked at the teacher.  He knew what I was doing.  I grabbed a seat in a very miniature chair and V sat at the back of the kids.  The continued reviewing all they've learned about wood.  Which was A LOT!  I learned several things!
Then they were off to make  partical board.  Really?!  How cool is that?!?!  Of course V wanted to stay (truth be told - so did I!) But it was leave and eat or stay and have to head right back to daycare. 
Again, I pulled her out and this time she was even more disappointed.  The whole way we raced to Subway she was asking many questions. Such as:
 "How do you think they'll make all those pieces stick?"
 "What do you think they'll do with it when they're done?"
"How does that teacher know how to make that if you don't?"
On and on.
We had about a minute and a half to eat at this point.
I dropped her off at daycare and rushed back to school.
It was so worth it.

It really was my lucky day!



I got lucky the previous Friday too!
Our favorite librarian came back for a phenomenal book talk.
They actually cheered, "OLIVIA!!!" when she entered the room.
She brought at least 40 books with her and we went through each and every single one talking about what type of book it was and why.  This went on for about an hour!  The kids loved it!  They were getting their own library books out of their desks to show her that they knew what book category they fit into!
Due to the huge success of bringing in library books I returned hers and brought in a whole new bag today.
Never mind the 1,000 books on the shelf already.  Old news I guess.

Thanks Liv! You really do make an awesome Mystery Reader.
I know I say it every year but. . .
You missed your calling. . .
Don't worry there's still time. hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment