Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Likes to Learn

We've been holding "School" at the kitchen table.  Christian really likes this.  Apparently he likes the more formal set up rather than the games and songs I've been implementing all summer.  If you recall, he recently told me he didn't like that stuff. 

Then suddenly, a couple sessions of 'school' and he's all over it!  Wanting to 'do' more letters, 'writing' out the grocery list,begging to be read more books, asking to write, asking me to recite our phone number to only answer the last two digits!  He HAS been listening!  Then he wanted to write the phone number.  Victoria immediately chimes in, "Buddy you don't know how to make a 6 but I will teach you." He holds up his paper with a perfect large 6 and we were both speechless.  Seriously.  I thought, did he grab a piece of paper with a 6 on it?!  No!  He's getting it.  All this time I'm worried, "What am I going to do with this kid?!  Ms. Joy is going to think I've been neglecting him!"

But as everyone tells me, "He's a boy.  Don't worry, he will get it!" 

I guess he will, after all & I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment