Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Squash Story Continues.

Overall my toe was much better today.  I got up early (technically I just skipped other things in my usual morning ritual and actually slept until Christian called me to rise) to soak my toe.  The doctor said this is the best thing to help my toe.  I soaked it good last night and this morning and took another handful of Advil and was on my way. 

Last night at story, Victoria saw my toe uncovered and nearly tossed her cookies.  She rubbed my shoulders and said, "Mommy, I wish that didn't happen to you."  Then this morning she 'reminded' me not to "drop another squash on my toe."  When I told her I didn't drop one on my toe in the first place she (snottily) replied, "Well, it doesn't really matter, does it?" 

Overall today the toe held up well except when I was walking out of the lounge talking to Laura and tripped on the threshold and grabbed the wall in pain.  It throbbed for about 45 min. after another large dose of Advil.  Then as I was saying good-bye to my students at the very end of the day a large eight year old boy walked right across the top of it.

I yelled his name and doubled over.  If I could go back in time I would never have yelled.  I felt/feel so bad.  He looked so sad and I said while fake smiling, "It was an accident.  Don't worry.  Do your homework and have a good night."  Then I walked out of the classroom and Laura and Amanda were saying, "What?! What's wrong?" Before I even got to them.  That's because the pain that is coming from this toe is so intense I have to call on my Lamaze breathing at times.  My body goes into full sweat mode when it gets bumped.

We had dinner with my parents tonight and I felt too embarrassed to pull up a chair next to the table for my toe even though it throbbed harder and harder through the meal.  Before I removed today's bandage I noticed some blood leakage through several layers of gauze.  It was totally stuck to my toe.  Again, very painful to remove. 

When I got it off I realized it seems the slice slit back open and it appears the insides of the toes are beginning to pop out of the slice.  I can no longer bend it.  I think I need some serious antibiotics, serious time to soak it and some serious keep this toe in the air time. 

One good thing.  Next week isn't Mexico week.  THANK GOD! 

One bad thing: Conferences Thursday and Friday.  :-(  Two very long days is not what I need.

I have a feeling I will be back at the doctor soon.  I just hope it's the same one or I think I have to bring the squash back again to so he/she grasps the full effect.

By the way, is it weird I ate squash for lunch today?  It was THE butternut but it was her cousin. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment