Total Pageviews

Friday, August 24, 2012

Good-Bye Summer

Today is my last official day of Summer Vacation.  Every year about this time I blog about being sad about going back to work and leaving my kids.  Like I did here last year  and also in 2010.  But this year is different.

Maybe it's because I'm starting a new grade and it's really really exciting.
Maybe it's because Victoria will be right next door and she has a teacher I can actually trust this year.
Maybe it's because both kids are leading their own little lives while I'm at school and they're busy and happy.
Maybe it's because we're busy planning for Baby #3 and that's a very lovely distraction.
Maybe it's because we had an absolutely perfect summer that was well balanced between vacations, hanging out at home, crazy activity jam packed days, to lazy days that just required a walk to the park.

It really was a fabulous summer.  As usual, my Summer To Do List is not all checked off.  But that's ok.  There's always maternity leave.  I'm sure I'll get a lot done then;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment