Total Pageviews

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Sleep Whisperer

I've always been really into kids' and babies' sleeping habits. It's an amazing thing.  Habits are so addicting!  That first year can make or break the person's sleeping habits.  I read and listened to our pediatrician for advice.  When V was over six months old we finally let her cry it out.  4+ hours of the most torturous hours of my life.

With Christian I only waited until he was 5 months and he only cried for 40 min and then was the most champion sleeper I had ever seen or heard of.  Amazing.  You'd put him in his crib at 6:30, awake and get him out at 6:30 am and he was the happiest baby never making a peek through the entire TWELVE hours!

When Brecken was a few weeks old I happened to stumble upon an old blog post of a blog I like and trust (she was a teacher) about how she sleep trained at 3 months old!!! I thought they had to be able to sleep through the night without eating to be able to do it.

So I began soon after Brecken turned three months.  He had already had some pretty good habits.  I could put him down right after feeding at night and he'd put himself to sleep.  I'm sure it helped that I went to pump and he was just put down and I wasn't there for 20 min. even if I wanted to be.

In the last week we've gone from him crying for 15-25 minutes each night after his critical bedtime routine at the same time each night for several nights.  Tonight he cried for 3 min.

That's it.

Then he laid there and put himself to sleep.

Just call me the Baby Sleep Whisperer.......

Or the lady who has three kids and sleep is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment