Total Pageviews

Friday, February 26, 2016

The Breakfast That (S)Teamed

A few weeks ago we casually taught Brecken how to use the microwave.
Each morning he eats waffles or pancakes microwaved.
If it's really a lucky day, he might find a Toaster Strudel.
He likes his breakfast borderline frozen so we taught him how to warm things up for 20 seconds.
Several mornings he did the entire thing himself.
Until last week……
He took out a paper plate, took a Toaster Strudel out of the freezer and put it in the microwave….
for 20 MINUTES.
After two minutes luckily Brecken came to me in the bathroom while I was blow drying my hair and he said, "My breakfast is (s)teaming!"
As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom I RAN to the kitchen.  
It was filled with horrible smelling black smoke.
The paper plate had just started on fire.


It was a really close call.
And Brecken's breakfast independence has come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment