Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

Librarian Extraordinaire


My Favorite Librarian stopped by last Friday
to be a Mystery Reader (and bring me a footlong sub - thanks again!!).

Liv Librarian Extraordinaire brought books from every genre and discussed each and every one.  
It was a long and very interesting book talk.

The kids learned so much, but even better, they learned about different types of books and found out what they're really interested in.

A joke book, cookbook, choose your own adventure.

My 'silent' reading has never been so loud because they want to share all about their book with their neighbors.  It's so wonderful.

Last weekend I cleaned out Maplewood's library selection of chose your own adventures and the students are in heaven.  I started reading one aloud and the class voted on the path we would take.
They loved it.  Unfortunately, choose your own adventures are more of third grade reading level so only about a third of my students can actually read them.  

A super huge thank you to Liv for taking time out of her afternoon off to spend it with Team 214 and me!

They loved it...almost as much as I did!


There's still time to get that teaching degree....








1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kel! There's nothing like finding a glowing report about yourself on someone else's blog!

    ReplyDelete