Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

Seven Years


Our 7th wedding anniversary fell on Super Bowl Sunday this year.
Did you know the least likely Saturday to get married in the 
United States is the Saturday before the Super Bowl?  Guess who picked it!

I guess every seven years I'll have something to look forward to;-)

My parents were out of town this year and gave us tickets to a Super Bowl party at Mancini's.
We invited Guy and Chris along and ended up having a great time.
If you ever can get yourself a pair of these coveted tickets for S.B. you must go!
The food was fabulous and it was a really fun time!

She won a free hat.

Since watching the Super Bowl is soooo not my thing, 
I talked through the entire thing except 
when there was actually some action and everybody was ignoring me.

On our anniversary Mark gave me a dozen red roses (just like at our wedding;-) and some very beautiful silver earrings I've worn almost every day since.

Then the following day we sent me a bouquet of flowers to school that are so huge I didn't even bring them home.  My students were so excited by that delivery trying to guess who they were from I figured I'd let them brighten our room for a couple weeks.

The Tuesday following our anniversary Mark took me to our favorite restaurant,
Lake Elmo Inn.
I had something I'd never had and plan on eating it every time I go there from now on.

We talked about all the other special times we'd celebrated there:
*engagement
* first anniversary when I was pregnant with V
* birthdays
* more anniversaries
* last day of summer when Mark surprised me with a limo

Lots of wonderful memories.

It was a wonderful anniversary.


In both of our cards we wrote something in like:
Looking forward to seeing what this year has in store for us...

I have a feeling 2012 is going to be pretty special!





1 comment:

  1. I love you. You are the best and 2012 will be a wonderful year for us in many, many ways.

    ReplyDelete