Total Pageviews

Friday, September 14, 2012

What's In a Name

Getting the chance to name another child is an amazing responsibility, that we take very seriously.  Since the first month we started trying, we stayed up late making lists, looking up names on the internet and having conversation after conversation.

Unbelievable when I told Mark a boy name I liked, we were on the way to Colorado and he immediately said, "I love it!"  

If our baby is a boy his name will be Brecken.  Middle name to be determined.  Although we have at least one idea.

But the list of the girl names was a looong one.  We finally narrowed it down to:
Isabella, Gabriella, Alexandra or Jordyn.  Jordyn was the top of my list and the bottom of Mark's.  But eventually I caved because I didn't think it sounded good with Victoria and Christian.  

We've finally narrowed down the girl list to just one.

If our baby is a girl her name will be Alexandra Jo.  

But here's the thing.  Now, I'm thinking we should wait to find out what it is.  
Since we have a girl and a boy it really truly does not matter to us what we're having.  So maybe this is the perfect chance to wait for the big day.  

1 comment:

  1. Are you serious? You'd actually consider not finding out?

    And while I like Alexandra Jo being named after you, I really, really like the sound of Alexandra Jordyn. Just putting that out there.

    And I think Brecken Oliver makes a lovely name....

    ReplyDelete