Total Pageviews

Monday, February 25, 2013

Still Not Feeling Good

It happened again last night.  Three hours of contractions along with not feeling good.  Clearly, I couldn't sleep through all that.  I grabbed my phone and started timing my contractions for a couple hours.  They were 10-12 minutes for an hour then started spacing out.  By 5am they were 25-30 apart so I could fall asleep in between at least.  By 6 both kids were awake and my body was screaming for some sleep.  I laid down until 7 and then took a shower.  I felt a lot better in the shower, until I got out.  I was so sick I had to lay down again.  By 7:30 I gave in and started calling subs.  My amazing teammate found everything around my classroom for the sub so I didn't even have to go in at all.

I let the kids play until 8:30.  They got ready and I dropped them each off at school at 9:00.  It was such a strange feeling leaving them there at their schools and driving away with nothing to do.  I got home and laid on the couch and must have been sleeping in seconds.  Two hours later I woke up.  I laid with my eyes closed for half an hour.  Finally got up and folded a couple loads of laundry and then fell asleep sitting up watching TV.  I slept nearly four hours of the 6 the kids were at school.  I did get the laundry folded and put away in there.  I slept until 3:12 when V needs to be picked up at 3:40.

The main problem is, when I eat I get really really sick.  Obviously, I need to eat or at least feed the growing baby inside of me.  But good grief, how long is this going to go on for?  I'm not sure if I have a touch of the flu or what.  If you google preterm labor signs it says, "Signs of the flu."

Clearly, the signs are confusing.  I'm obviously not in preterm labor since the contractions keep stopping, however it sure seems like it in the middle of the night.

I'm off to sleep. . .Hoping tonight is a peaceful night of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment