Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2013

Look Who's Watching

A couple weeks ago, I was sitting up on the couch and Brecken was laying against my chest and I was talking.  He leaned his head back and looked right into my eyes.  His head bobbled around until it flopped back down to my chest and then he did it again.  I pulled him back and moved my head slowly left to right and he tracked it.  It was amazing.  It was like he was saying, "Hi Momma! I know you're there!"

The other night he was in my arms and I handed him off to Mark and went downstairs.  Just a couple minutes later I heard him crying.   I came upstairs and said, "What happened so fast?"  and he turned his head and stopped crying.  This time I felt like he actually missed me!

Tonight I was giving him a bath and I was looking at his cute little face singing along to Nick Lachey's new lullaby CD and Brecken started to open and close his mouth and stick out his tongue.  I wondered if he could be hungry already.  I got him out of the bath and sat down to cuddle him in his big fluffy towel and I started to make silly noises with my mouth while I was talking to him and he started to open and close his mouth.  I tried a couple other things and realized that he was most definitely trying to copy  the movements of my mouth.

After six weeks of basically just eating and sleeping it's a beautiful change to see him begin to have some personality.

He's watching.  He's learning.  He's listening.

And I'm loving it!

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful! Just imagine the bond that you already share and how that will grow and change as he grows and changes. . . Amazing! Cant wait to see you both!

    ReplyDelete