Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pumping Polar Bears

Christian's reading has been coming right along.  He is in that magical stage of sitting down with a book and just reading, on his own.  It is warms my heart.  We've been hitting up Half Price Books' level one section often these days for pure enjoyment.  He will open a book and yell, "I know all these words!  Can I have it Mommy? Please?"  My answer is always, "Absolutely!"  There's no better money spent than on books for a new reader!!  The other night he was reading a new book about polar bears.  He was reading along and then he read this page:


He read it all perfectly, then looked up at me with wide eyes and said, "Polar bears pump?!" 
I held back my laughter and left him know polar bears just nurse, no pumping.
Somehow, with that information, he seemed relieved.

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT is a picture you should have sent me, with no caption. Can you imagine what I would have thought getting that photo? I would have wondered for DAYS about that. Missed opportunity.

    But I love how their little minds work. How they make connections and bring the world to their own level. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete