Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Birthday Bird

When Victoria was one I bought the book Happy Birthday to You by Dr. Seuss.  We only read it the night before or the night of one of our bdays.  That usually means 4 times a year.  Not many. 

We read it tonight after Christian wonderfully successful 3rd bday.  In the book, the Birthday Bird swoops into your room and takes you away for the most amazing birthday ever.  At the end of the book I said, "So we all better stay in our beds tonight so the Birthday Bird can come." 

"WHAT?!?!"  Christian asked.  "He come to my room and wake me up?!" he asked with his huge blue eyes staring into mine.

Hmmm. . .did I make a mistake here?  Gotta go with it either way now. 

"Yeah, he comes and decorates your room when you're sleeping."

Victoria says, "What?!  I thought you did that!!!  You mean the Birthday Bird is real!?!?!?!!!!"

What have I gotten myself into?!?!?!?

"We'll have to see if he's real in the morning I guess."

Clearly the Birthday Bird is real because I finally just sat down.  Room is decorated.  Kitchen is decorated.  The Birthday Bird is even in the process of drawing a Mickey Mouse on the sliding door in the kitchen.

If you had any doubt tonight if the Birthday Bird is real, then you better come over for breakfast tomorrow.  Then you'll be a believer!

His brand- new -big -boy -with -training -wheels-Mickey-Mouse bike is put together and awaiting his waking in the living room.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day.  My boy will be three.

3 comments:

  1. Great party!!!!!!!!!!! I do not think that anyone of those kids got bored!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids were EXHAUSTED! Although Christian talked to ENTIRE way home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so THAT'S where he got the bike. Definitely would have been helpful to read this BEFORE our conversation.

    And, for the record, I've always been a believer....

    ReplyDelete