Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Christian is Three

Dear Christian,

Three years and one day ago you looked like this:




It is truly hard to believe that three entire years have passed since Daddy drove me to the hospital that wonderful morning of January 28, 2008. It is hard to believe how much I loved you that very moment your naked little body was placed on my chest.


Right there, that very second, I was completely and totally in love with you!


So was she!

My biggest concern that morning was how your sister was going to handle this life changing event. If I only knew then that you’d be the best of friends I could have smiled and relaxed.





Watching you two play together, talk to one another or help each other is the best feeling. I bet you love her to the moon and back. A couple months ago she didn’t feel good and went to sleep really early and you kept asking, “Where Toria at?!” Your life is happy and full because she is your big sister. This year you’ve begun learning how to ‘push her buttons.’ You’re a typical little brother and she loves you so!



It is hard to believe just how much you’ve changed this past year. Last year, when you turned two you didn’t speak much. Now, you talk all the time. You tell us just what you want and when you want it. Last year you had so much energy and didn’t know what to do with it. This year, you’ve learned to be a good listener. You’re not perfect, but that makes you even more lovable. When you’re told to go to Time Out you run right to it – and usually make a sad face and then begin to cry for a minute or two. But when I come to get you you’re quick to apologize and never forget your hug and you run down the hall happy as can be. You are such a happy little boy. It doesn’t take much to make you smile. Watching Daddy snow blow, saying a silly word, having a dance party in the kitchen, or giving you dessert


will all generate an adorable smile from your gorgeous little face.



In the last few weeks when you have trouble sleeping I’ll come into your room and you’ll have your tiny arms outstretched for me and you’ll say, “But I want you!!” Then I will melt into those little arms and whisper I want you too. I’ll rub your head or scratch your back before giving you your final kiss of the day. A couple months ago you were sick and I took a warm bath with you at 3am to clear your nose. As soon as you wake up, every single morning since you ask for a bath. You’ve We've begun a new morning routine.


Then

Now

Your latest love is Mickey Mouse. Oh, how you love his Clubhouse. We’ve watched Minnie’s Pajama Party many many times. Anytime you see two circles together your face lights up and you say, “Look! It’s Mickey Mouse!”


Your true love is trains. You love them in a movie, in a museum, in your little hands, small, big, Polar Express style or Thomas. You love trains! You could sit and watch your train with smoke for hours.


You also love to roller skate. You get so excited. You are very good. The funny thing is, you never smile there. You just take it all in and keep to yourself going around and around for two full hours.


Being outside is another of your favorite things. We had so much fun this summer. You really loved the beach. The water, the sand, the other kids, you loved it all. We went there anytime we could. I took so many pictures of you playing. I remember lying on a towel near you watching your serious little face dig in the sand and thinking not only how lucky I was to not have to work in the summer but how lucky I am to be your mommy.



If I could pick any boy in the whole world, I’d pick you over and over again.

I'm excited to be by your side as you see what being THREE is all about.  It's going to be a great year.


Happy birthday buddy!


2 comments:

  1. This was beautiful, Kel. He's very lucky to have this to remind him of all these sweet times he won't remember.

    And he's very lucky to be so loved.

    ReplyDelete