Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

St. Patrick's Day




On St. Patrick's Day I took the kids to Como Zoo.  My friend Odelis met us there for a morning of fun.
Victoria's favorite thing to see at the zoo is Sparky.  She talks about him all the time.  We were lucky the zoo wasn't busy at all and we got to see him (& his wife?) up close for as long as we wanted.  Actually,
she would probably be standing there if I didn't insist we move on.

Gotta love the penguins!!



The monkeys are Christian's favorites.  There are many different species. Again, we were right up to the glass so Christian was really into them. 

The tiger was basking in the sun.  I think she's as sick of winter as I am!

This orangutang is huge!  She has an adorable little baby too!


Look at how close they got to this blue tongued skink!
Christian was practically nose to nose with it!
(Mark, you would have totally freaked!)

I didn't notice the sign that says, Please do not ride, until after he was up there.

Odelis and the kids enjoying the conservatory.

She's going to be a great mommy one day!

The conservatory was absolutely beautiful!  I've never seen it so amazing!




Of course they obeyed the No Picking room.
Victoria whispered I really really want to pick one.  Just one!
Like I was going to give in or something.

Instead so got her nose in so deep she had pollen all over her face and eye lashes.
She was really really into it!











It was such a fun morning.

The kids were exhausted when we finally left and I took them to Snuffy's Malt shop for lunch.

Victoria read 11 different words on the menu.
That was the highlight of my day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment