Total Pageviews

Friday, February 15, 2013

Being a Reader

Victoria has become such a good reader it amazes me.  She's a better reader than any kid in my class.  We still read with her every night but then she reads by herself for 20-60 minutes.  Two nights ago I was getting ready for bed in my bathroom and I could still hear her reading a Geronimo Stilton book aloud.  She was reading fluently and with expression and it made me smile.  Then she said aloud, "Hmm, I don't know that word."  I ran over to her room and said, "Could I help with the word?"  It had been so long since she needed help I couldn't wait to get my teacher self in there.

The word was psychoanalyst.  Then I got to explain what it meant.  Clearly, no wonder she didn't know the word.  Then she just kept on reading.  That night, she actually snuck reading more after lights out and I actually pulled the book out of her hands and she cried she promised she's go to sleep but please leave the book in her room.  Slight reading addiction??

I am so proud of the reader she's become.  I am even more proud of her love for reading.

Lil' man just asked the other day when I'm going to teach him to read.  Hopefully he'll love it just as much one day!

1 comment:

  1. Jeez, when ARE you going to teach him to read? It's not like you have anything else going on....

    I love that she reads that much. I can attest that a reading addiction is a perfectly acceptable lifelong habit.

    ReplyDelete