Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ollie the Otter

I signed both kids up at Toys R Us for their birthdays.  This means they get a $3 coupon during their birthday month.  It expires two months later.  Victoria's was a few days away from expiring and I told her we'd go after I picked her up from her Extended Day SA class so Christian wasn't with.  Just her, me, and a sleeping Brecky.  I wanted to give her time to explore and shop and take her time.  I've shopped with her many many many times before.  Yet, I had no idea what I was in for.

My good God.  This kid looked at EVERYTHING.  I'm not kidding.  We only got through three aisle when I had to start giving her the count down.

We have 15 minutes until we have to check out.

Here she's looking at plastic animal statues.

10 minute warning.

STILL looking at plastic animal statues.

Five minute warning....

She got to the end of the same aisle and found small glass animals.

This is what I want....she announced.
Thank dear God I thought.  "Ok, honey let's go."
"But I just can't decided which one."

For the love of...........




She actually ran out of time and I walked away and peeked at her from two aisles down.  She was still talking to herself.  She had it narrowed down between two.  I finally went back and asked her what the hold up was.  She explained and asked what she should do.  I said, "Oh my goodness.  Clearly the otter!"  She said, "That's what I thought."  We left with the smallest glass Ottie the Otter you'll ever see.

And I left with the happiest 7 year old you'd ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment