Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Lot of Random Thoughts

* We made it through the week..with limited tears from all of us.

* Going back to work sure makes family time a lot more precious.

* Our first box with Christmas presents arrived.  Now, where to hide them for nearly four months?

* I wish Brecken always slept on his back so I could stare at his beautiful face.

* I brought home so many teaching manuals this weekend you'd think I was a first year teacher - not 11th year!

* One of my very good friends is not only pregnant with her first child but she's Due in March.  I really hoped someone I loved would get pregnant in July so I can pass down my Due in March necklace!!!  I can't wait to give her some really special gifts next week.  (They aren't all hand-me-downs.)

* Liv pointed out I'm not nearly as crazy this September as I usually am.  I took it as a huge compliment.

* I was so tired several nights in the last two weeks I went to sleep shortly after the kids.  So tired in fact, I took a pregnancy test..just to be sure.  It was negative. Whew!  Guess I'm just working hard.

* I have a amazing idea for my Goddaughter's 1st birthday gift!

* Watching people parent at Walmart makes my skin crawl.

* This year was my best First Day of School EVER.  Seriously, ever!

* I was born to be a teacher.  I love it so much.  Even though I have to be away from Brecken, I wouldn't have it any other way.  (In a good way.)  I haven't been this inspired in years.  I love that seven of my students looped with me.  We hit the ground running.  The other 14 are on their way to stealing my heart too.  I love my class!

* Our photographer got our family picture proofs to us.  I'm shocked and amazed what she captured.  I love them.  I am amazed at how much Brecken has already changed in 6 weeks.  She captured him sitting up unassisted in the grass, one of the first time of his life, with drool running down his chin.  So much better than a measly smile:-)

* Brecken sat in a shopping cart for the first time today.  It was cute and makes me look forward to the days of not lugging the carseat into stores.

* Victoria got chosen as the first Star of the Week of the year.  Amanda told me she didn't rig it.  I'm not convinced.  ;-)

* Christian LOVES school.  He loves his teacher. He loves to eat his cold lunch in the cafeteria.  He had a girlfriend.  His teacher asked me who she is.  I told her.  We don't have a O----- in this class?  What?  I asked him to point her out.  The teacher smiled and laughed and told me her real name.  Maybe he should get her name straight before telling people she's his girlfriend.

* Christian was chosen to get the lunch bin from the hall in Day 2 of kindergarten.  I happen to be in the Media Center and he recognized me from behind.  Suddenly I heard very very loudly and excitedly, "MOMMY!! MOMMY!!  It's me!  Christian!"  I whipped around and whispered for him to stop yelling.  He did but continued the most adorable all teeth smile and waved and waved.  I assured him I can totally recognize him while at school.

* I visited Christian while he was enjoying his first lunch in elementary school on Thursday.  As I walked across the cafeteria I could see the boy sitting next to him was bothering him.  They all had name tags on so I spoke to him first and called him by name.  I asked him some questions and made him feel special (so he could get some attention and calm down).  I turned to Christian and talked to him and took a couple pictures.

After school V & C were talking about their day.  Of course they both love to talk about the 'naughty' kids.  I usually just listen unless I need to remind them some kids need special this, that, or the other thing.  I heard Christian say, "Mom came into the lunchroom and was soooo nice to the naughtiest boy ever!"  V responded, "Yeah, Buddy, she does that.  It's annoying, but it's her job."  That seemed to satisfy him.  She is wise beyond her years.

* Brecken likes loves to eat.  The kids will eat anything (but peas)!  I bought a family size jar of applesauce today.  Just for him.  He's eaten more baby oatmeal in one month than Victoria did the whole time she ate oatmeal!  His faves are peaches, bananas, carrots and applesauce.  That list includes everything he's ever had to eat EXCEPT PEAS.

* Christian fed Brecken his entire dinner tonight. I videoed some of it.  Right after I stopped, he yelled, "I fed him the whole thing BY MYSELF!!"  Wish I would have captured that.

* This morning I was cuddling with Brecken and Christian came running in saying, "Mommy mommy, I need your help.  My penis is standing up and usually it lays down.  I don't like it."  He proceeded to show me and poke it down.  I immediately said, "Go show Daddy and see what he says."  But he said, "Oh never mind, it's laying back down now."  I have a feeling we have some difficult years ahead of us.

* I love sending cards to people.  I wish I had more time.

* I hate pumping at school.  Let me repeat.  I hate pumping at school.  The only thing that is worse is people knocking on the door when I'm pumping.  Oh wait.  It's worse when the custodian let's himself in when I'm pumping.  Not sure how much longer I can do it.

* I love how much our kids love the library.  We all went today.  It was fabulous.

* The custodian can't find my Back to School box so ALL of my back to school stuff is missing.  I had to get books from the public library because my 50+ back to school books are missing.  As well as my one and only copy of my second grade picture and me getting my diploma at grad school.  Hopefully it will turn up....someday.

* I don't know how I had two children without a video monitor.

* Mark is taking Victoria on a very special Daddy Daughter Day tomorrow.  That makes me happy.

* Mark took most of the day off to go to Christian's kindergarten orientation day.  That also made me happy.  So happy, I told Christian he could stay with me at school for the last 20 minutes of the day.  He tried to keep up with the second graders (academically).  He wrote three words to their whole page. He was so proud he carried it around with him for the full hour after school.

* If I had to guess, Brecken will be real crawling by the end of the week.  He's doing the "kinda" crawl now.

* I hope Victoria loses her top tooth soon.  Not only is it bothering her, it's bothering me.  It hangs back weird and looks kind of gross.

* I found Shrinky Dinks on clearance and Victoria is thrilled.  Christian gave his set to his sister.  Apparently, he's less than thrilled.

* I hope next week goes as smooth as last week.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. There were about 20 things I thought of to comment, but that seemed over the top, so I'll just say that I enjoyed this immensely and was happy to be included.

    ReplyDelete