Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Maternity Leave Trip to the Zoo

Way back in May I took Christian and his BFF Rosie and Brecken to the zoo while Victoria was at school.  She ended up seeing the pics on my phone a couple days later and was not thrilled.

It was a bit chilly, but we had a fabulous time!

We are so close with Rosie's family, when we're together it's like she's more like my niece than a friend.
Christian and her get along perfectly.  
I love to stand back and watch them interact.

Taking turns on the turtle.


Checking out the puffins.








Poor Sparky was still inside.
We had a very nonexistent  cold spring.


Como has a brand new gorilla exhibit.



This was Brecken's view.
That outfit he has on was one of my favorites.
It says Little Brother and my Auntie Tammey got it for him.
It's amazing what feelings a kids' clothing can bring to a mother.


I guess he wasn't as amused as the rest of us;-)


Since it was so chilly the conservatory wasn't as hot as usual.



This sculpture is standing above a fountain. 
I gave them each several pennies to throw in.
I saw Rosie point to it, whisper to Christian and laugh.
I said, "Rosie, people call that art."
She said, "Art should put on some underwear."

I just about died.
I was trying to hold back my laughter.
I looked around for another adult who heard her.
I texted all my friends at school, including her mother.
It was one of the funniest things I've ever heard a kid say.
Pretty sure I'll never look at 'Art' the same way.


Brecken finally got to get out of the carseat.
I haven't seen these pictures since that day.
He is so different!
His hair. His muscles. So amazing the changes in these first few months!




What a wonderful day.
I'll always treasure the memories of my maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment