Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Another Friend in the Window Well

Not long ago we noticed a friend in the window well. We were 'blessed' enough to have another just a few days later. 

A small red eared slider.  Oooooh, yes, a turtle every my girl's dream.  I took pictures as she grabbed it (remember she grabbed a SNAKE for crying out loud!!) and she got scratched and freaked out.  I warned her but she dropped it but wanted to try again.  We talked about how to do it and even though the claws may touch her it won't actually hurt her.  She dropped it again.  Done.  The turtle was pissed and I was a close second.  We stress being kind to living things around here.  I treated the dead red eared slider in the middle of the road with more kindness than she was giving this one.





Let's just not pick it up.  She wanted to cuddle that thing so bad I could barely hold her back.
Little did we know we should have saved the name Fasty for this little guy (or gal).  We could barely catch it in a box from our recyling bin.  It had its gummed mouth wide open ready for attack.

Mark handled it and released it into its natural habit.  We were all relieved.

Everyday I check that window well and I'm so happy when I only see leaves.

1 comment: