Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Table - Finally

We have a very small kitchen. However, we entertain often.  I can't tell you how many times I bumped elbows with a guest eating at my table.

We've had a small cheap table for nearly seven years.  The chairs needed constant cleaning on their faux suede - especially on Christian's.  Just yucky and ready for something new. 

The new table needs to be dark, small, have a leaf, needs to be small, cute, and it needs to be small.  Much trickier than you'd think.  There was one that fit my prerequisites at IKEA but it was hideous.

We looked a lot and often.  For the record: Furniture shopping is NOT fun with two children.

While I was hanging with Kendra Mark and the kids finally bit the bullet.


For the record the table was completely put together when I got home but I did the 'centerpiece.' 

I love it!  We haven't busted out the leaf yet, but it's just a matter of time.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! A little tough to tell from teh photo, but its it dark or cherry wood and black?

    And I LOVE your centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete