Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Exciting End to the Week

This weekend we will attend a wonderful friend's wedding!! I love and respect her so.  She was my long-term sub when I had Christian.  I called her at 5am on Jan. 28, 2008 telling her to please show up at school at 8:00 because she was the Queen of Team 214 for the next 12 weeks.  Then she got hired at the second grade level and we were teammates.  It was a strong and wonderful team and we grew to be very close friends. 

Since she moved from second grade and the second floor we're not quite as close but seriously, I love this girl.  She is an amazing friend, teacher, daughter (I call her mother Momma - I wish she was mine!) fiancee, sister, aunt, seriously the chick is amazing!! 

On Saturday she is going to become an awesome wife.

Good God, Ben is lucky!

Mark and I changed our trip to Mexico for a month out so we can attend this wedding. 

On Oct. 16, 2004 I missed one of my best friend's wedding (we were in San Diego for Ted and Hollis' wedding and I wouldn't change that for the world) however, I still feel guilty.

(I feel/felt so guilty after the wedding Mark and I had them over about 6 months later and we both wore our wedding dresses that night while hanging out in our livingroom.  I hadn't been married long and had been known to put it on when there was the slightest 'need'.)


I didn't want to feel like that about another friend so I knew and wanted to attend J's wedding. 

She's loves Ben like I've seen few other women love a man. 

We went crazy on her shower, one, because we love her and she's the sweetest thing ever.

But once you've had a bridal/baby shower and people are so kind and generous you feel so confused. 
Why is everyone so over the top?

Because they're reliving that time for themselves. 

I cry with J about her wedding every couple days.  I listen to the wedding drama and tell her little things to think about or remember. I've sent her cards and I've reminsced about that time in my life over and over.  It's so fun to remember that special time in life.

I sent her a three page text tonight. I didn't expect to not see her tomorrow so it was sent in a text.  Such cliches, but oh so true.

Saturday is going to be AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment